Dental technology has advanced so much over the past few years! At one time, not so long ago, there was only one choice of dental material for fillings: silver amalgam. Although that material is quite strong, the amalgam material did have some disadvantages. Thanks to advancements in dentistry, you have another alternative: tooth-colored fillings. The composite material used by Dr. Kassabian is quite strong and, best of all, your fillings are virtually invisible!
Why You Should Choose Jester Village Dental for Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Kassabian has many years of experience in providing his patients with tooth-colored fillings
- Tooth-colored fillings are nearly invisible and look almost exactly like your natural teeth
- Unlike silver amalgam fillings, tooth-colored fillings remain the same color and will not change
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
- The old-fashioned silver amalgam filling material may have been strong, but after a certain amount of time, the silver color turns quite dark – almost black, in fact. On the other hand, tooth-colored fillings remain just that – tooth-colored! They won’t change color over time.
- Some people have been concerned about the mercury levels in silver amalgam material as well, although there has never been any clear indication that the low levels of mercury found in this material is harmful. Still, if that is a concern for you and your family, tooth-colored fillings are a great choice because there is no mercury is this composite material.
It’s important to remember that although composite material is quite strong, after a certain amount of time (usually many years), they may have to be replaced.
The Procedure for Tooth-Colored Fillings
- If you’ve ever had a silver amalgam filling, you’ll be pleased to know that the procedure involved for tooth-colored fillings is much the same. Dr. Kassabian will first remove any existing decay in the affected tooth, then fill the tooth with the tooth-colored composite material.
Contact Our Austin, TX Office Today
For more information about tooth-colored fillings, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kassabian, contact our Austin, TX office today.